Both (!) of my girls have had to have surgery to remove bladder stones. I asked their vet for a recipe that I can make for them that I could make instead of buying the high priced prescription dog food. This is the recipe she gave me. This recipe is for the daily feed of a 40 pound dog. I wasn't able to add two ingredients to the list so please see the directions! This freezes very well. I make enough for the week, freeze it in microwavable containers defrost/heat as needed. Both of my girls love this I'm so lucky that my (their) vet was able to find this recipe for us!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces ground beef
- 1 7/8 cups instant rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup all-bran cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 11/2 teaspoon Calcium carbonate (Tums tablet or ground egg shells).
- 21 adult vitamin-mineral supplement (Centrum).
- 3Bake, fry or microwave beef and do not drain fat.
- 4Mix with all other ingredients except for the vitamin-mineral supplement.
- 5Mix well and serve immediately.
- 6Feed the daily vitamin-mineral supplement with the meal, give as a pill or pulverize and mix thoroughly mix with food before feeding.
- 7Refrigerate any unused portions. Discard unused food after 3 days.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Adult Low Salt & Mineral Dog Food
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.7
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 157.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 41.9 g