Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found on the internet at recipeisland.com. Preparation time INCLUDES the peeling, slicing & dicing of the fruit, but NOT the hour needed for the fruit to chill. Although this recipe should make 6 servings, it could make much less if someone decides to 'drink' it!
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, sliced thick
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 fuji apple, cored, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup green grape
- 1 cup strawberry, small (or halved)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons 'old' rum
- Place the prepared fruit in a large bowl & sprinkle the rum over it.
- Cover with aluminum foil & refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Adding rum to any fruit salad is a great idea! I used fruit that I happened to have - cantaloupe, little champagne grapes, apple, banana, some canned lychees, some blueberries. And I added some fresh lime juice with the rum - that added a nice little zip to it.
Scaled this recipe down to half- 3 servings for 2 people, really enjoyed the rum flavor, in addition to the various combination of fruits. Had great flavor, and made a great side dish to lunch. Made for Zaar tag.