Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
For 10-Pound Cat I found this recipe in the Toronto Star. It was adapted from "Small Animal Clinical Nutrition." NOTE: Take care with calcium supplements such as bone meal or eggshell in animals with kidney or urinary tract problems. Opinions vary on whether or not to add grains to a feline diet. Likewise, opinions differ on vitamin and mineral requirements. Make sure your pet is getting adequate vitamins and minerals. NOTE: Always consult your veterinarian or pet nutrition specialist before changing your cat's diet.
- 2 ounces 80% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chicken fat or 1 teaspoon beef fat or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon fish oil
- 1⁄3 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground bone meal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch taurine
- 1⁄2 of a vitamin (human adult vitamin-mineral tablet, *SEE NOTE)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake, fry or microwave the beef and fat (do not drain).
- Combine beef with remaining ingredients except for the tablet.
- Mix Well.
- Serve with the tablet (either in pill form or pulverized and thoroughly mixed with the food).
- *NOTE: Feed you cat half of the tablet each day.