Recipe by spatchcock
This is an adopted recipe. I have not yet tried it, but hope to eventually. Please let me know if you try it and how it turns out via a review. Any opinions/changes will be taken into consideration! Thanks!
- 125 g adzuki beans, soaked and cooked (save the cooking liquid)
- soya margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 medium leek, washed, halved lengthwise and sliced thickly
- 1 large carrot, cut into long julienne strips
- 250 g mushrooms, cut into chunks unless very small
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark vegetable stock powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (400 g) can canned tomatoes, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in the margarine until golden.
- Add the garlic, leek, carrot and mushrooms, and cook for another 5 minutes, until the vegetables are just soft.
- Mix in the paprika and flour and stir for another minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked aduki beans, plus enough reserved bean cooking liquid to half-cover the ingredients.
- Stir well, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more cooking liquid if it gets too dry.
- Season with black pepper and parsley and serve.