Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You need to try it with fresh Italian flavors from http://www.cookiesfromitaly.com/recipes/pasta_sausage_beans_broccoli_rabe.htm
- 4 1⁄2 ounces dry pasta (any shape)
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 19 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups broccoli rabe (1-inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- salt and black pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Rinse with cold water, drain, and set aside.
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet on medium heat. When it starts to release oils, mix in beans.
- When sausage looks close to cooked, stir in broccoli rabe.
- Season a little bit of salt and pepper.
- When broccoli rabe is wilted, add pasta and chicken broth.
- Turn up to high heat and stir around for about 1 minute, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Season again to taste.
- Makes 2 to 3 servings.
- That's it!