Recipe by Adopted Parisian
A lovely, light French delight. Very easy to make but looks fancy! Also, the sauce is optional -it's delicious without it!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups morello cherries, pitted
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs, milk, flour, sugar and vanilla extract with hand beater until smooth. Spread cherries in greased 8x8 baking dish. Pour batter over cherries.
- Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Over medium heat, whisk together water and sugar. Slowly raise heat and continue whisking until mixture becomes syrupy.
- Add Marnier and whisk one minute. Allow to cool slightly then drizzle over clafouti.