Recipe by chia
This is a very tasty marinade that tenderizes tougher cuts of meat.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
This is an interesting marinade that I thing may be better-suited to pork than to beef. My husband really enjoyed his steak, I was happy, but would have been happier if the taste of the cumin had been a bit less pronounced. I'll use a bit less next time.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients.
- Put steaks in a plastic bag, pour in marinade.
- Marinate 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill (these can also be broiled or made on an indoor electric grill).
- Grill steaks 10-15 minutes for medium, turning halfway through.