Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very tasty marinade that tenderizes tougher cuts of meat.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks
- Mix all marinade ingredients.
- Put steaks in a plastic bag, pour in marinade.
- Marinate 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill (these can also be broiled or made on an indoor electric grill).
- Grill steaks 10-15 minutes for medium, turning halfway through.
This is an interesting marinade that I thing may be better-suited to pork than to beef. My husband really enjoyed his steak, I was happy, but would have been happier if the taste of the cumin had been a bit less pronounced. I'll use a bit less next time.
Someone gave me this recipe except it was for 6 pork chops. I made chops with it and they turned out great. I was afraid of spice level so only used 1/4 tsp of cayenne but will use the whole amount next time. (almost no spice!)
I thought this was fabulous! My hubby loves it my kids like it too....I love how soft it made my steak and the flavour made my eyes roll back in my head...it was a beautiful.