Recipe by Glo Kersh
Juicy top sirloin marinated in a spicy chipotle chile sauce.
Top Review by Classic Chef
I decided to try this because of the ingredients listed. Not because I thought it would make a good marinade, which it may, but just the ingredients themselves intrigued me. I sliced my sirloin thin, then braised it. I combined all the ingredients in a small bowl and stirred until combined. I poured the resultant ingredients over the meat and continued to cook over low heat. This turned out perfect. Try it this way and you get a lot more of the marinade taste!! Enjoy!!
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/adobo-sirloin-156219/review?oc=linkback
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, garlic, oregano and cumin. Finely chop 2 tablespoons of the chile peppers and add to the mixture. Taste for spice, add some adobe sauce from the can if desired.
- Puncture the meat with a sharp knife several times. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over meat, turning to coat evenly, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Grill steak over high heat until internal temperature reaches at least 145°F.