Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
While on a salt-free high protein diet, I became addicted to baked chicken bits coated with Penzy's Adobo seasoning. This version came about when I was too lazy to go to the Penzy's store to get more Adobo. So easy. I like to squeeze fresh lime over the meat first, then sprinkle with adobo seasoning.
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put all ingredients in an herb mill or use a morter and pestle to grind all together well. Store in a jar.
- Can add salt to taste if desired.
When making this recipe be aware of the scoville heat units of your cayenne. A half teaspoon of cayenne 40 is going to be less spicy than a cayenne 90.