Recipe by Sharon123
Adobo is a Caribbean seasoning most often used for meat. This is a homemade version using a pureed mix of fresh onion, garlic, salt, and other seasonings. This recipe is also Spanish inspired.
Top Review by Miss Annie
This is a marvelous seasoning. It has great depth of flavors. It was easy to make, and the ingredients are easy to come by. I used this seasoning on chicken. The chicken was moist and had a wonderful, light, flavor. It could be very versatile for seasoning other meats. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will be using it again!
- 1⁄2 medium onion, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion and next 4 ingredients in container of an electric blender; process until onion and garlic are chopped.
- Add juices.
- With blender on high, gradually add oil in a slow steady stream; process until blended.
- Cover and chill (or freeze up to one month).
- Yield: 2/3 cup.