Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just a little different from the ones all ready posted.
Make and share this Adobo Seasoning recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a bowl, stir together the salt, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Store in a sealed jar in a cool, dry place.
This is a great recipe for adobo seasoning so you can make it and store it on your own. I have used this several times so I finally made a larger batch to store and have handy. It is perfect for meat rubs (I have used for pulled pork and beef), tacos, enchiladas, etc. You won't regret having this in your pantry!
I don't actually know what adobo is supposed to taste like (I needed it to make refried beans), but this is really good, so five stars regardless!
Not sure if this is authentic or not, but it really doesn't matter. It was good and I'll definitely keep making this. I much prefer to make my own spice mixes since most of the store bought mixes have ingredients in them that I can't have or don't want to have. Thanks for posting this.