Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wet adobo will keep 5 to 6 days in the refrigerator, which gives you a chance to try it on anything you like from fish fillets and pork chops to turkey cutlets and steaks. This is not shy or subtle but a very _up in your face_ rub.
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fine sea salt or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Pound the garlic cloves and salt to a paste using a mortar and pestle. (The salt keeps the garlic from flying all over the place as you pound them together.).
- Add the peppercorns and oregano, pounding well after each to incorporate them into the paste. Come on! Really work out those aggressions! Pound!
- Stir in the olive oil and vinegar.
- Slather on chicken, steak, chops, etc. then refrigerate for at least an hour. Grill or bake as you prefer.
This is a very tasty rub. I made it in my mortar and pestle, but I think perhaps next time I might take the easy way out and use my food processor. I used this with skinless boneless chicken breasts, and before baking them I also added some lemon slices and juice. Delicious! Thanks, SusieQusie!