Recipe by Bergy
There are many oven fry recipes but this combibation gives a tasty slightly crunchy fry. I do not use any oil on the potatoes but the spices & cheese stick better if you do. I will suggest spraying them in the recipe but it is not necessary. Holding the fries in the ice cold water until baking prevents them from discoloring. I use a Baking stone but a cookie sheet works too. If you wish leave the skin on but scrub them well.
Top Review by Evie*
Oh yummmy! These are so good. I havent seen adobo seasoning here but I did manage to find some chipotle powder so sprinkled that over instead. I used 4 large red potatoes to serve 3 of us (shouldve made more!) love these fries, thanks for sharing Bergy.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, cut into french fry slices and covered, with cold water
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use a Baking stone or a cookie sheet.
- Drain water from the potatoes and place on Paper towel cover with another paper towel and dab dry.
- If using oil lightly spray the fries while they are on the paper towel, turn& spray other side.
- Sprinkle the Adobo spice, Garlic, Salt& Pepper over the fries.
- Potaoes on the Baking stone (cookie sheet) arranged in a single layer.
- Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn the fries and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven for a further 15-20 minutes.