Recipe by Vicki in CT
This hearty recipe was provided by a coworker who is Filipino. Serve over sticky rice.
Top Review by cross-stitchgirl
Very delicious!! Everyone in my family ate it up! The only problem they found with it was it smelled so good, everyone wanted to eat an hour before it was actually ready! lol
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except cooking oil in pot and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Simmer covered for one hour until meat is tender. Drain and reserve sauce.
- Heal oil in skillet. Brown meat on all sides. Transfer to serving dish.
- Pour off remaining oil in skillet. Add reserved sauce and cook for a minute or two, scraping all brown bits sticking to the pan. Remove bay leaf. Pour sauce over meat and serve.