Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the best version I've tried. From Allrecipes.com.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 bulb of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄8 cup fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, bay leaves and peppercorns in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once it boils, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes, basting the chicken occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, remove lid and cook until liquid has reduced to half.
- Remove chicken from the pot to a serving plate.
- Strain the liquid from the pot to remove all the food particles, and set aside.
- Serve chicken hot over steamed rice and drizzle with reserved sauce.
This is excellent. The only thing I changed was adding more garlic because garlic. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly.
Very similar to the recipe my husband had from an old family friend! Awesome!
Yes this is the best version of adobo on Zaar. The others are way too salty and always seem to be missing something. But this is just how my mom makes it. Delicious! This should have much more reviews than it has.