Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Delicious gravied beef to serve over mashed potato
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 (500 ml) container beef broth, fat free
- Cut stew beef into bite sized pieces; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine dry mustard, adobo seasoning, cornstarch, salt and pepper, mix well. Add beef and stir to coat well. Veggie spray a frypan ; dump meat mixture into frypan making sure to get all of the seasoning/thickening mix into the frypan.
- Brown on all sides; about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth to frypan, stir to mix and deglaze pan; bring to a heavy simmer, decrease heat to slow simmer. Simmer for one hour.
- Serve over mashed potato with veggies on the side.
Derf, I'm so pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe.:) I made this for our dinner on 3/2/08 and I must say it was very good. As the beef was browning, I realized that I was out of beef broth.So, 2 beef bouillon cubes dissloved in 2 1/8 cups of boiling water was used.Since the bouillon cubes were used I omitted the salt in the recipe.I served this over mashed potatoes and had carrots as a side.This will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :) "