Recipe by LilPinkieJ
Adobo Beef Tacos with Pickled Red Onions recipe from The Wisconsin Beef Council. This was featured on the morning news cooking segment. I was surprised by how easy it was to find all the ingredients at the regular grocery store. I just checked the international foods aisle for them.
Top Review by *Ollin*
Well, i would like to suggest some corrections... first it doesn't serve 8, unless they eat very little and a taco per person is enough... so it serves actually 2 persons who eat at least 4 tacos or 4 persons that eat 2 each... For the onions, honey is not used in mexican recipes for this same pickled ones... you boil water and there you add the onions, some salt and some vinegar, you let them cool down and they taste wonderful... please don't take wrong my comments, i do it trying to improve it a little bit :)
- 2 (8 ounce) steaks (beef shoulder top blade, flat iron)
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed (6 to 7-inch diameter)
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- fresh cilantro, chopped
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Pickled Red Onions ingredients in medium bowl; stir well. Cover and refrigerate while preparing beef.
- Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile drain pickled onions well. Carve steaks into thin strips. Top tortillas evenly with steak, queso fresco and pickled onions. Sprinkle with cilantro, as desired.