Adobo and Parmesan Crusted Cod
- Mix the Adobo spice (or you can make your own Adobo spice by combining equal amounts of cumin, onion powder, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and turmeric), and oregano.
- Pre-heat an iron skillet, preferably an iron grilling skillet on medium-high heat. Coat the skillet well with the olive oil.
- Prepare the fish by rinsing with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel or cloth. Apply the spice mixture to both sides of the cod fillets.
- Add cod fillets to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Add lime juice to the skillet after the fish is flipped.
- Grate the ground black peppercorn and lightly sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the cod fillets.
- Place the iron skillet in the oven for 1 minute if you have a broiler, 2-3 minutes otherwise.
- Remove skillet from the oven and remove the fillets from the skillet. Allow to sit for 2 minutes.