Recipe by Amberngriffinco
An earthy combination of sweet raisins, cumin, chili's and olives.. Filling, warm and easy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 c.)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) canwhole mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chilis
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2-qt. casserole with cooking spray. Cook beef and onion in 12-in. skillet over med. heat stirring occasionally until brown; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, olives, raisins, cumin and cinnamon. Spoon into casserole. Prepare corn bread as directed on pouch, using milk, margarine and egg; stir chilies and 1/2 of cheese into batter. Spread over beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 12 minute Sprinkle with remaining cheese. bake 5-7 minute or until corn bread is golden brown. 6 servings.