1/1 Photo of Adobe Grilled Pork Chops
Sue Lau's Note:
Another great Southwest recipe. The level of spiciness is your option. I like a lot of cayenne, but you can leave it out and still get great results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork loin chops (about 1 1/2- 2 pounds)
For the Seasoning Paste
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1/2 tablespoon adobo seasoning (seasoning salt ok)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (amount to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (Mexican limes preferred)
- 2 tablespoons oil (whatever type you use)
For the Baste
- 1Mix together ingredients for seasoning paste in a small bowl.
- 2Spread paste on both sides of pork chops (reserving at least 1/4 cup paste) and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- 3Prepare grill; oil grill rack before placing on fire.
- 4Mix together ingredients for baste, combining excess paste with ingredients for baste; set aside.
- 5Grill chops on medium-hot coals or heat for 5-8 minutes.
- 6Turn chops and grill for 4-6 minutes more, basting with grill baste.
- 7Turn chops and cook 2-3 minutes more, basting the other side.
- 8Remove from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes or so before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Adobe Grilled Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.1
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 354.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: