Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious bar cake for those that love chocolate chips and nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and white sugar until light.
- beat in 1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks.
- Into another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the butter and egg mixture; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle batter with chopped pecans, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
- Beat the 2 egg whites until stiff; gently stir in brown sugar then spread over bars.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.