Recipe by Steve_G
Another often requested appetizer. You can adjust the seasonings and rub time to suit your tastes and desired level of heat.
Top Review by bratty
Okay, wierd review coming up.....these were not at all hot to us. I marinated them about 8 hours, when i prepared them i was wondering what the "heat" would come from with the list of ingrediants. But....they were really tasty, the mixture of flavors was very good. I smoked them on the grill...they were so flavorful, and disappeared fast! So, even though they weren't what i expected, they still turned out great!
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (give or take)
- 3 -4 lbs chicken wings (we prefer drumettes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a plastic bag, shake to mix.
- Be sure to break-up chunks of brown sugar.
- If using whole wings cut them into three pieces and reserve tips for stock.
- Coat chicken pieces with oil, use enough to just coat the chicken.
- Sprinkle the dry rub over the chicken and refrigerate for 1 hour (minimum).
- Now, here comes the adjustable part, the longer you keep the spice on the wings, the hotter they get.
- I've even frozen the wings with the rub on, apparently the cold temps don't stop the process because those wings were almost too hot to eat!
- Using the direct method, grill the wings over a charcoal or gas grill (turning often) until done, 15 minutes or so.
- Can be done under a broiler as well without too much sacrifice in flavor, but more to clean up.