I started making this for my family when I was around 13. My brother Adam, who I call Adi, was crazy about it. Some people use creamed corn, I found that the frozen corn kept everything nice and moist. I eyeballed everything in this recipe, so hopefully the amounts are fairly accurate. Enjoy...
- Fry onions in oil and add to mashed potatoes.
- Add margarine and salt and pepper and set potatoes aside.
- Mix ground beef with egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Press beef into a casserole dish.
- Layer corn on top of beef.
- Layer mashed potatoes on top of corn.
- Pat down until smooth, crimp edges with fingers.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour.
- Just before serving brush teaspoons oil on potato and broil until nicely browned.