Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I admit I don't have any dogs, but I've got a very dog-like cat and I think he would love these. This is from the bread machine list on Yahoo.
- Place all ingredients in your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the dough or manual cycle and press start.
- Stop the machine 5 minutes after the first kneading has gotten fully underway. Turn the dough out onto a floured board; dust board as needed to prevent sticking.
- Let the dough rest about 10 or 15 minute Then choose your method: 1. Roll 1/2" thick and cut out shapes 2. Pull off small (or large) lumps and "mold" bone shapes with your hands.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes on a vegetable-spray or parchment covered baking sheet.
- Let them cool & dry out overnight. This is how they stay crunchy. Store in airtight container.
Lucy loves these biscuits and I love Lucy! Very easy to do even if you don't have a bread machine. The machine is only used to mix the dough; it could easily be done by a mixer. I added some poultry seasoning to the mix and used cheddar cheese. Lucy gobbles these down and even shared with the poodle down the street. Thanks Chilicat!