I admit I don't have any dogs, but I've got a very dog-like cat and I think he would love these. This is from the bread machine list on Yahoo.
- Place all ingredients in your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the dough or manual cycle and press start.
- Stop the machine 5 minutes after the first kneading has gotten fully underway. Turn the dough out onto a floured board; dust board as needed to prevent sticking.
- Let the dough rest about 10 or 15 minute Then choose your method: 1. Roll 1/2" thick and cut out shapes 2. Pull off small (or large) lumps and "mold" bone shapes with your hands.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes on a vegetable-spray or parchment covered baking sheet.
- Let them cool & dry out overnight. This is how they stay crunchy. Store in airtight container.