A friend of mine worked at a bakery nearby and they were famous for their Hermits. When it closed she gave me this recipe. It never fails.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Dissolve baking soda in water and have ready.
- 3Cream butter and sugar until light.
- 4Add molasses, beaten egg and vanilla.
- 5Sift flour, spices and salt together.
- 6Add dry ingredients a little at a time alternating with the water mixture. I start with the liquid and end with the liquid.
- 7Fold in raisins.
- 8Bake in narrow strips, two inches wide, on ungreased cookie sheet for twelve to fifteen minutes at 375 degrees F.
- 9Lately I have been using the new space age cookie liners.
- 10Cook until stays softly firm when touched with finger tip. Cool on rack. Cut diagonally with pizza cutter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Adelaide's Hermits
Serving Size: 1 (1187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 134.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g