Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My MIL, Addie was an adventurous cook. This is one of her great recipes from the 1970s. A wok would work well in preparing this recipe, but is not really necessary, a 12 inch frying pan will do, nicely.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I use gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 -3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Saute mushrooms in oil. Stir in celery and green pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, cooking until it turns creamy white.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple. Reserve all syrup.
- Combine syrup, sherry, soy sauce, garlic salt, ginger and cornstarch. Stir into pan juices until thickened.
- Fold in pineapple tidbits and green onions.
- Sprinkle with cashews to serve.
- Serve with rice and a cup of tea.