My MIL, Addie was an adventurous cook. This is one of her great recipes from the 1970s. A wok would work well in preparing this recipe, but is not really necessary, a 12 inch frying pan will do, nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 -3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- 2Saute mushrooms in oil. Stir in celery and green pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in chicken, cooking until it turns creamy white.
- 4Meanwhile, drain pineapple. Reserve all syrup.
- 5Combine syrup, sherry, soy sauce, garlic salt, ginger and cornstarch. Stir into pan juices until thickened.
- 6Fold in pineapple tidbits and green onions.
- 7Sprinkle with cashews to serve.
- 8Serve with rice and a cup of tea.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Addie's Empress Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 830.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 22.8 g