Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is actually almost the same recipe I make for stuffing mushrooms, but it is very good over pasta, or if you low carb, over spaghetti squash or spinach! It is in no way low fat!!! But it's yummy and comforting on a chilly night.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mild ground sausage meat
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 dashes Frank's red hot sauce
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- In a frying pan, brown the sausage until it's cooked through.
- Add the spring onions and cream cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and mixed together with the sausage.
- (I like the spring onions to retain some of their "raw" taste, but if you want them cooked better, add them with a little oil before you cook the sausage).
- Add the soy sauce and Franks red hot to taste. (You can keep it warm for a bit if you don't want to serve right away).
- Serve over pasta, spinach or spaghetti squash -- Add a generous amount of fresh ground black pepper.
- You may as well follow this up with a big bowl of icecream - you've already totally blown your diet anyway ! :-).