Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adore pierogis and this is a delicious and fast way to serve up the flavor without the fuss!!
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes, prepared
- 5 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 large vidalia onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and saute the onions and garlic until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half of the cooked noodles in the greased bottom of a casserole dish.
- Layer with ½ of the cheese, all potatoes, the remaining noodles and top with remaining cheese.
- Poke holes through the top layer of cheese; pour butter mixture over top, making sure it seeps through the holes.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
This was a good and easy weeknight meal. Made as written only change I will make next time is add a little more butter; potatoes seemed a little dry. Will be a good meal to make for DH during Lent since doesn't include meat. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
Awesome! thank you!