Recipe by Not-2-Sweet
Clean, Fresh and Perfect are the only words that I can describe this with... oh, I forgot to mention ADDICTIVE! And for the low , low calorie count.. what could be a healthier addiction?! I love this with fajitas, but I love it best with fat-free tortilla chips (Tostito's Light). I can totally pig out on this and not kick myself in the butt later for messing up my diet. Full of flavor, and Wow.. sooo goood! Measurements are approximate and can be adjusted to taste.
Top Review by Tayley
This recipe was a hit! My entire family loved it, including my three small kids. We put it on fish tacos and it was fabulous. The only thing I would have done differently, would be making more (considering I already doubled it). They are fighting over it with the tortilla chips now. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onion, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out seeds. Cut into strips then cut across to dice.
- add onions, jalepeno, and cilantro.
- Peel and mince garlic, then sprinkle garlic with salt, then mash it down with a wooden spoon to make a paste, add to tomato mixture.
- Stir in lime juice, olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!