1/8 Photos of Addictive Mexican Stew
Rose's Granddaughter's Note:
My mother gave me this recipe. She found it while clipping coupons. It is from S&W. This is the best stew I have ever eaten and my family requests me to make it quite frequently. It has become a "comfort food" for us. Perfect to make if you have leftovers after baking a large turkey or chicken. Can be made vegetarian or vegan if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey, diced or shredded
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans ready-cut diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Cook onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan until tender.
- 2Add cooked chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans, corn and chilies.
- 3Blend broth and cornstarch; add to saucepan.
- 4Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- 5Serve with cornbread for a hearty meal.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Addictive Mexican Stew
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 1229.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 30.8 g