1/5 Photos of Addictive Green Enchiladas
The cream cheese is the star in these enchiladas... I've never met a person who didn't enjoy these and they are so simple to put together. You can cook your chicken breasts for these anyway you want... I recommend putting a chili powder/garlic rub on them and baking them. You can also boil them in water and garlic salt, but the baking produces tender, flavorful chicken! Toss in some red pepper flakes to the chicken/cheese mixture for some heat!! Can't beat it! Recently I didn't have a can of the green sauce on hand, and had a crisper full of tomatillos! I made Tomatillo Sauce and WOW it was super. It takes of course a little more work and effort but it was really good. If you like tomatillos, give it a try when you have some extra time on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (saute first if you want a less crunchy onion)
- 3 cups green enchilada sauce (1 large can, divided, or Tomatillo Sauce)
- 12 -14 white corn tortillas (small size)
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded (jack, queso, or any mexican type cheese works)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Pour 2 tablespoons green enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 13x9 glass baking dish.
- 3In large bowl, mix shredded chicken, green chilis, cream cheese, onions, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and 2 tablespoons of the green enchilada sauce.
- 4Spoon mixture evenly into corn tortillas and roll up.
- 5Line up tortillas, touching each other, fitting as many tortillas as you can (but not on top of eachother.).
- 6Pour remaining enchilada sauce over rolled tortillas.
- 7Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over sauce and cover the 13x9 with foil.
- 8Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and let sit at room temp for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Addictive Green Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 719.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 21.5 g