Recipe by Attainable Health
This is by far the best cornbread I've ever made - when you serve it hot from the oven with salted butter it is so addictive! I adapted this from a recipe called masa cornbread on chow.com
- 354.88 ml masa corn flour
- 118.29 ml brown rice flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml butter
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place a square baking pan inside the oven.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Use a fork to mash in softened butter until the whole mixture is an even crumbly texture.
- Add eggs and mix them in well with the fork.
- Add 1 cup of the milk and mix it in until the batter texture is even.
- Add last 1/2 cup of milk and mix.
- Carefully with hot pads remove the hot square baking pan and spread 1 tbsp of butter in it, it should melt instantly.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Carefully return pan with hotpads to oven.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Immediately and carefully remove the whole batch of cornbread from pan. Serve hot with butter! mmmmmm!