The comment I hear from everyone the first time they eat this is, "This is the best pizza I've ever had!" My daughters have old high school friends who still ask for this. It's very filling, so one pan goes a ways.
- 1⁄2 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage (I use hot.)
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- barilla marinara sauce or your favorite pasta sauce
- 3 -4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced Velveeta cheese, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 your favorite recipe for pizza dough, enough to cover a jelly roll pan.
- Brown the burger, sausage, green pepper, onion, and garlic until the meat is fully cooked.
- While this is cooking, spread/pat/roll your crust unto a greased jelly roll pan, pushing the dough up the sides to make an edge.
- Prebake the crust in a 400 oven for 7-10 minutes or until it just begins to color.
- Top the hot crust with the desired amount of pasta sauce.
- (I don't like too much sauce on my pizza) Add the meat mixture, spreading evenly.
- Top with the sliced Velveeta cheese, leaving about 1/2 inch between slices.
- Add the mozzarella cheese in an even layer.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes, or until the top layer of cheese begins to brown.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting into 12 squares.