Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
From the Food52 website. This was soooo amazing the first time I made it that my husband ate the rest in the middle of the night - it was supposed to be my lunch the next day!!! How can you go wrong with asparagus, leeks, pancetta, garlic, orange zest, parsley and pine nuts. Savory, fresh, addictive!!
Top Review by breezermom
This is very good. The addition of the orange zest makes it a bit different from other asparagus and garlic recipes, and just puts it over the top. Love the toasted pine nuts to. I served this with grilled shrimp and scallops, and the asparagus was a perfect complement. Thanks for sharing!
- 113.39 g pancetta, 1/4 inch dice
- 14.79 ml butter
- 453.59 g asparagus, sliced into 2 inch pieces on bias, woody ends snapped off
- 295.73 ml leeks, thinly sliced crosswise (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh lemon zest, of one whole lemon
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- 29.58 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 29.58 ml Italian parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick pan, saute pancetta, stirring frequently over medium heat, until crisp and lightly golden.
- Add butter, then asparagus and leeks and saute until asparagus is tender crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, citrus zests, toasted pine nuts and parsley and saute for another minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.