Chez Michelle's Note:
I went to my nephews graduation party. I had one bite of this salsa and had to track down the person that brought it. She was nice enough to email it to me. YUM!! It looks beautiful in a jar with nice ribbon for Hostess gift! Great for BBQ's (great over grilled chicken). Great with Tortilla chips. I have not taken this recipe anywhere with out having a recipe request- Chef Note: I like to chop vegies and keep them in a ziploc bag and put together with the juice a couple hours prior to event- I like crisper vegies. Other family members prefer the vegies to be marinated longer - So it is really just a matter of taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained and chopped (or buy diced already)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use a tad less)
- 1 tablespoon tiger sauce (this is what makes the sauce so good- found by hot sauce and BBQ sauces)
- 1Chop peppers and onion (I use smaller dice) and combine with black eyed peas, shoepeg corn and pimientos.
- 2Whisk together sugar, apple cider vinegar, veg. oil and tiger sauce.
- 3Mix all ingredients together- Cover, Marinate and chill for a couple of hours!(or more depending on taste).
- 4Enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Addicting Sweet and Sour Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.2
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 211.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: