Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oh, this is so good! I couldn't stop eating it! It is adapted from a recipe out of a cookbook that I had.
- 8 ounces thin noodles, cooked
- 2 cups chicken, cubed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- cook chicken, add salt and pepper taste. Place in 8x11 casserole dish to reserve.
- In same pan add butter, onion, and mushrooms. Saute until onions are soft. Add chicken broth, sherry, and 1/2 cup milk.
- In seperate bowl combine the other 1/2 cup milk, flour, 2 tbls. cheese, nutmeg and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Slowly add mixture to bubbling pot, stir constantly until thickened. Add Sour Cream.
- Add in chicken and noodles. Place back in 8x11 baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly hot.
Added 3 chopped bell chillies and 2 cloves of garlic and it was wonderful. Will be making this again for sure!