This is a lovely glazed carrot/parsnip dish. It's a two step from stovetop to oven process. You can sub turnips for the parsnips. This is for the British/Irish section of the tour.
- Put vegetables into a medium saucepot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until both types of veggie are almost fork tender.
- Drain and transfer the vegetables to a lightly greased baking dish.
- Combine the butter,vinegar and sugar and pour over the vegetables.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.