Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a lovely glazed carrot/parsnip dish. It's a two step from stovetop to oven process. You can sub turnips for the parsnips. This is for the British/Irish section of the tour.
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium parsnips, sliced (or turnips)
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- salt & pepper
- Put vegetables into a medium saucepot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until both types of veggie are almost fork tender.
- Drain and transfer the vegetables to a lightly greased baking dish.
- Combine the butter,vinegar and sugar and pour over the vegetables.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
These were a great side dish beside roast beef - I couldn't find parsnips anywhere, so I ended up just using carrots.
This was a great side dish for the DM's birthday dinner and she thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you JanetC-KY, made for Healthy Choices - ABC.
I so love this! I am a root vegetable fanatic, I love all of them. This particular combination of carrots and parsnips, with the glaze that the brown sugar ,butter, and vinegar make, are absolutely awesome!I will make this again, very soon! I even have a mind to expand on your already awesome recipe, and add a few rutabagas, (ooh, maybe some fresh beets too!) just because I love them so, and the glaze you have here will be so perfect on them too! Thanks for sharing!