Recipe by JanetB-KY
This is a lovely glazed carrot/parsnip dish. It's a two step from stovetop to oven process. You can sub turnips for the parsnips. This is for the British/Irish section of the tour.
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium parsnips, sliced (or turnips)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put vegetables into a medium saucepot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until both types of veggie are almost fork tender.
- Drain and transfer the vegetables to a lightly greased baking dish.
- Combine the butter,vinegar and sugar and pour over the vegetables.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.