Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a never-fail muffin recipe, it's a blank canvas for anything you can dream up! I like coconut and canned chopped pineapple that has been well drained! You choose what you want to add in! If you like a sweet muffin add in more sugar.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
MMM....Yummy muffins....I had put in some nutmeg and about 1 1/2 cups of blueberry infused Craisins. This recipe is fantastic Kitten as is all your other recipes. They are very tasty with my morning tea. Always love your recipes Kitten, thanks for sharing.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml melted butter (no subs!)
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla or 4.92 ml almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease 12 regular size muffin tins or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a bowl sift together flour, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together melted butter with sour cream, egg and vanilla or almond extract.
- Stir in the butter mixture (along with any ingredients you might be adding) into the flour mixture; stir with a wooden spoon JUST until combined.
- Divide the batter between each muffin tin.
- If you want you can sprinkle with a topping.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until muffins test done.