Adas Careh ( Lentil Butter)
- Combine the lentils, 2 1/4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a pot.
- Cook until the lentils are soft; drain and reserve stock.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute the onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add the parsley and spices then cook another minute; set aside.
- Combine the lentils, cooking water and onion mixture in a food processor, adding more water a tablespoon at a time, as needed, until the mixture reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Refrigerate a few hours before serving.