2 hrs 45 mins
Spread on whole grain crackers or use as a vegetable dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the lentils, 2 1/4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a pot.
- 2Cook until the lentils are soft; drain and reserve stock.
- 3Heat oil in skillet and saute the onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- 4Add the parsley and spices then cook another minute; set aside.
- 5Combine the lentils, cooking water and onion mixture in a food processor, adding more water a tablespoon at a time, as needed, until the mixture reaches a spreadable consistency.
- 6Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Adas Careh ( Lentil Butter)
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.1
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g