this is a soft chewy snickerdoodle that Matthew and I came up with for his brother Adam.. have to give this one a try. they are great!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup room temperature salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lyles golden syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar (for rolling)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon (for rolling)
- 1 dash fresh grated nutmeg (for rolling)
- 1Cream butter with the sugars until very fluffy.
- 2Add the corn syrup, vanilla and eggs, again beat in all well.
- 3Combine all dry ingredients, flour, powder, salt, soda, and nutmeg in a bowl and mix well.
- 4Add the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon into the creamed mixture.
- 5Combine well.
- 6Refrigerate dough, while preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Place rack in centre of oven.
- 8Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and dash of nutmeg in a bowl for rolling.
- 9Make 1 1/2 inch balls with the chilled dough, and roll each into the spice sugar mixture covering completely.
- 10Place well apart on parchment lined baking sheet (nine to sheet).
- 11Press down with a sugared fork just slightly or with the palm of your hand.
- 12Bake in oven for 12 minutes at 350 degrees, just until golden.
- 13Keep dough chilled in between baking and rolling.
- 14This should make 48 cookies depending on the size of balls made.
- 15These cookies come out soft and chewy please give them a try.
- 16Note also using the corn syrup in the recipe helps stop the granulated sugar from crystallizing and helps with a chewy cookie.
- 17Thanks Grandma Andy.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Adams Snickerdoodles 2004 (Canadian)
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 77.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g