Recipe by Chrissyo
My daughter got this recipe from a fellow army work friend. We have adapted this recipe to what ever is in the fridge at the time. It is a delicious flavour and the flavour changes all the time depending of what you feel like using at the time. Although this is for one, we just increase the ingredients to the number of people coming to dinner. This is an easy peasy Laksa recipe.
Top Review by wrumsby
This seems to be a pretty good recipe, although my first attempt did not turn out quite right - I'd make sure to use coconut milk and not to use coconut cream. Personally I'd also add more chilli.
- 100 g chicken, thinly sliced (or other meat or seafood of your choice)
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste (hotness to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 cups hot chicken stock (or seafood or vegetable or beef depends on what meat you used)
- 80 g noodles (dry weight)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables (bok choy, snow peas, broccoli etc.)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (not olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok until it is hot.
- Add 1 tbsp peanut Oil and 1 tsp sesame oil.
- When the oils are hot add the chopped onion and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, curry paste, then stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Do not burn.
- Next, open widows in the house and grab a tissue to wipe your teary eyes because the aromatic smell is so strong BUT smells delicious.
- Add chicken and stir for 2 minutes, coating well with the paste.
- Add chili sauce, fish sauce and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the hot stock, stir.
- Add the cooked noodles and simmer for 2 minutes.
- (Cook noodles of your choice as per noodle directions)
- Then add the lemongrass and coriander; stir well.
- Add the chopped assorted vegetables; stir for a minute.
- Do not over cook the vegetables.
- Add the coconut milk or cream and stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately in a huge bowl.