Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best sweet potato casserole you will ever eat, ever in your life. Handed down from Adams generation to Adams generation for about three generations.
Sweet Potato Mixture
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (40 oz. can)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ready-to-use baked pizza crust, soda
- 1 cup coconut (3 1/2 oz can)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash sweet potatoes with mixer and add 1/2 cup butter.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, and sour cream. Mix well.
- Add salt and soda.
- Spread in 1 1/2 quarter baking dish.
- Combine topping dry ingredients and then add melted butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle topping on sweet potato mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes.