These are delicious, foolproof and easy - the recipe is flexible in terms of time. Most of the work is done slow-cooking the ribs in the oven - they're just finished on the barbecue or under the broiler. If it looks familiar, the rub has been posted as a smoked Spanish paprika dry rub - it's our favorite. Go ahead, put the ribs in the oven and let them cook while you go to the movies - how easy is that?
- Boil the ribs for 5 minutes in water flavored with garlic salt.
- Drain and cut the rib racks into four sections and cover with the rub.
- Place the ribs in a foil-lined shallow dish and pour the vinegar into the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the pan securely with foil and bake, sealed in the foil, at 275 degrees for 2-3 hours (you may adjust the temperature and baking time to suit your needs - if you need more time just lower the temperature).
- When ribs are tender and bones start to loosen, grill them over medium-low flame.
- We like them without sauce - this is a terrific rub for ribs and needs nothing else.