Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was hungry today and I just happened to have all of these ingredients on hand. Feel free to substitute cheese and pita or even the veggies. This does not need to be specific.
- 3 eggs (or equivalent amount of egg whites)
- 1 cup broccoli (small floret pieces)
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pita bread, with no pocket (mine was garlic flavored naan)
- Sauté broccoli in a little olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and make a scrambled egg substance with the broccoli.
- Dash some salt and pepper then stir a little.
- Place cheese slices on eggs/broccoli.
- Cover and put heat on very low until cheese melts nicely.
- Remove egg/broccoli/cheese mixture.
- Add a little more olive oil to the skillet.
- Sauté pita on skillet on both sides until each side is golden brown.
- Place egg mixture onto hot pit.
- Eat it like a large-sized soft taco.
Made this recipe as given, & the 2 of us thoroughly enjoyed sharing it! Tasty & easy to prepare, which is a great combo in its own right! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]