Recipe by mojoloh
This is the actual recipe of the mongolian beef at PF Changs--enjoy! Found on PF Chang's website: http://www.pfchangs.com/chefscorner/recipes/gluten_free_mongolian_beef_recipe.pdf
Top Review by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
This was great. I did modify it some. I added sesame oil (1/4 c) and I added some vegies (broccoli, onions, and jalapenos). I used flank steak cut across the grain, so it was fall apart tender after frying it up without marination. We will make this again and again.
- 12 ounces sliced beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon soy bean oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 fluid ounces soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 2 ounces green onions, sticks- 3-inch long green only
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add the beef and cook for 30-60 seconds or until cooked.
- -Beef should be lightly browned around the edges and gray throughout the rest of the surface.
- 2. Add your garlic and toss.
- 3. Add the rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- 4. Cook and reduce the sauce around the beef until all sauce has caramelized onto the beef.
- -The sauté pan should be "dry" (no flowing sauce) before proceeding onto the next step.
- 5. Add the green onion sticks and toss to incorporate into the beef.
- A few tosses are all that are needed; do not wilt the green onion sticks!
- 6. Finish with sesame oil.
- 7. Place on a plate over cooked rice and enjoy!