2 hrs 30 mins
Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry Romaine Wraps with Citrus Soy. Recipe courtesy of P.F. Chang's China Bistro. I found this recipe on the official p.f changs website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons soybean oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cleaned
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 ounce scallion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Dice the chicken into tiny pieces. Place the chicken in a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons soybean oil, ginger, garlic, chili flakes and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Mix together in circular motion until well mixed.
- 2Let marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- 3Mix together the citrus juices, soy, and hoisin sauce with a whisk. Reserve until needed.
- 4Clean the romaine lettuce, chopping off the stem, peeling each ‘spear’ and running under clean cold water. Reserve in refrigerator until ready to use. Chop scallions into rings and reserve chilled.
- 5Coat a very hot sauté pan lightly with soybean or vegetable oil.
- 6Lay the chicken around the sauté pan being careful not to lay too many on top of each other. Sear the chicken until crispy and golden brown, about 2 ½ minutes. Once chicken is brown, toss gently in pan and sear another 2 ½ minutes. The pan will appear to “burn”, but that is the carmelization and where all the flavor comes from.
- 7Add ½ of the citrus soy mixture to the sauté pan and coat well. Let the sauce coat the chicken until it is glazed, and thickens on the chicken. Add more or less depending on how “wet” you want your mixture. Spoon chicken onto a plate.
- 8Wrap the chicken mixture in romaine lettuce and top with scallion rings. Serve and enjoy!
- 9*Fun fact: this recipe can also be done with baby shrimps, fish or beef.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Actual P.f. Chang's Lettuce Wrap Recipe-Not a Copycat!
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.5
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 1679.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 28.5 g