Recipe by Opossumgravy
This is a microwaved cornbread dish with real corn. I like it, but others may not.
- 1⁄2 cup creamed corn
- 1⁄4 cup self raising flour or 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, however you please (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in the corn, flour, and salt extremely well. Make sure to use a microwave safe bowl.
- Once it is mixed all the way through, put it in the microwave for about 60 seconds. This time will differ depending on the microwave. You want to see a slight color change and see that it is fluffy. It shouldn't be too fluffy, but at least not liquefied.
- Now be careful when eating because of uneven cooking. I let mine set a moment and then devour the salty, slightly firm in areas and crunchy in others cake thing.
- I call it REAL corn bread because it actually has corn in it.